“I’ve been sooo obsessed with pink spaces lately!”, I told her as I rambled on about
my desire for more purity, more softness, and just a little more “ohhhhh” in my interiors lately.
We share the same anniversary date, same love of romantic farmhouses …even the same name.
So, I wasn’t really surprised when my friend said “I’m LOVING pink too!”
But it felt deeper than that.
I started thinking about what a funk our world is in today….Confused, hurt, scared, aching, longing, fearful, uncertain.
And suddenly, my friend and I’s mutual love of pink didn’t feel so random.
Design is a tool to speak what we can’t always find the words to say.
Pink feels Innocent. Nurturing. Forgiving…and yet a little daring.
And, in these intense times, we’re craving that sincerity in our spaces.
Home is where we process life…..or just escape from it all.
But, hey, maybe pink doesn’t automatically equal peace, comfort, or love for you….
Maybe you’re craving a different kind of softness:
- luxurious bedding for extra-sweet dreams
- curtains that block the light for just a little longer
- a comfy chair for two (extra snuggles, please)
- warm lamps, string lights…or a shit load of candles
- your favorite book and a cup of tea
- the crackling of a fire while it snows outside
- hearty, comfort food shared with friends
So…what’s love look like in your home?